Finding someone to help you along your journey is not easy. For me, I needed someone who was going to make my MS bleed, a person who could be totally honest without fear of me crawling into a hole and crying.
Everyone knows who mine is ... how could you not? Her bark is bigger than my bite.
Everyone I have shared crits with has enlightened my view on my work, and I hope I've reciprocated. Many thanks to Jill, GH Winner, for helping me see things I could not. She's right where she deserves to be, and I wish her all the success in the world :-)
Here's my prescription or recipe if you will for finding that perfect partner.
1. Find someone who can push you and tear your MS a new one. And by new one, I mean someone who can make your page red with comments, suggestions, and compliments.
2. If that certain someone sends over a piece of writing that knocks your socks off, or makes you weep, you're golden. (Secretly, you think she's so good, your afraid for her to look at your work, but you do. You've got mucho balls.)
3. He/she are amazed by your story, and brainstorm when you have the dreaded writers block.
4. You and your partner have a mutual respect for each others talent. YOU believe in their work as much as they believe in yours.
5. Lastly, she's willing to drive across state lines to save your ass from an American jail. (This is the MOST important one of them all. If she can't bail you out, your screwed!)
Well, that's all for now folks. Today is my birthday, and I have much eating/drinking/shopping to do! See ye all next week lads and lassies!
Here's a little present to all of our lady followers. A gift from Charli to me to you. A little something to get your creative juices going . . . a sexy man, what a fabulous gift!