Thursday, December 2, 2010

Plight of the NoWords

If I've never told you, one of my favorite shows is Flight of the Conchords. 'Tis an HBO series that follows the misadventures of two New Zealand musicians on a quest in New York to hit it big in the music world. They sing terrible songs, have minimal talent, and suffer from a severe case of naiveness and idiocracy.

However, in their minds they are legendary.

It got me thinking, especially since I am not writing, what about a tale of two writers trying to make it big in the Big Apple? Plight of the NoWords...documenting the daily struggles of  BJ & Harley, two aspiring writers.

They risk it all and flee to NY to pursue their writing dreams. Can you imagine the shenanigans and tomfoolery they could get into? The possibilities are endless.

Not familiar with Flight of the Conchords? Geesh. I cannot be responsible for your pop culture shortcomings. Where have you people been? Really. Please click on the links and get better acquainted with Jemaine and Bret. And yes, it's JEmaine not JeRmaine.

An introduction if you will, the best of the first few episodes.


Here, the boys dabble with becoming rappers and believe their gansta personas will ward off muggers.


BJ and Harley have just arrived in New York and will make their debut this week. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE Flight of the Conchords!!! So sad they only did two seasons. Have them both on DVD. Priceless, LOL. Gotta love the Plight of the NoWords too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I haven't seen this show, but it sounds hilarious. I can see how this applies to writing (at least for myself anyway). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, I was so sad when season 2 ended. Sniff sniff. They've been to Philly twice, for their standup routine but it sold out so fast. Love these guys. "A sandwich hit my face!" Classic Jemaine.

    LB, if you love to laugh you have to watch these guys. Youtube, netflix, whatever. They are a must see.

    Plight of the NoWords should be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I use Conchordisms all the time - "Height of rudeness" and assorted others. LOL I've only ever seen them in concert doing their routine on HBO. They were hilarious. Just love them - and Murray, Mel, Dave, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I thought me and my friends were the only nerds who used the Jemaine-isms. LOL. In business time when Jemaine talks of sorting the recycling as being "very, very important" me and my BFF refer to anything "important" as very in a Jemaine voice. LOL. Check out youtube, some one put on a Jemaine-ism clip.

    I did a FOTC tour in NY. GOt pics in front of Dave's, the consulate, and the apartment. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete